Saturday, January 10, 2015

A new year with lots of excitement!

Happy New Year everyone!  I know I'm a little late, but better late then never, right?

Let's talk about my blog plans for the new year a little bit to let you know what's coming up this year..

 First, Project Quilting Season 6 is underway, and I am really trying to participate in every challenge this season!  Here's my favorite post from last season's food challenge.  The first challenge is trees... Here's what I've got so far... my friend Kim showed me a cool way to do the window panes, so I'll post it about it when it's done..

Next, I've determined that I own A LOT of patterns, so I have made myself a wish list of patterns that I still want.  Right now it has one from Blank Slate Patterns that I love after I found them when I made the Zippy Jacket, and one from Clobird Patterns that I loved when a friend posted the ones she's been making.  But my wish list is pinned up on the wall of my sewing room and I am NOT going to buy them until I do some pattern stash sewing.  

Christmas sew for Justin - Greenstyle Walbrook Boxer Briefs... there will be more of these!
So I am working on organizing my patterns in my drive and compiling a list of 25 new sews and 20 re-sews, and when I finish I will allow myself to buy my wish list... depending on how long it gets, I may cap it off at how many I can buy.  Then I will make another list and start again.  I've scaled down my fabric stash a lot this last year, so I may not do the whole no buying till I hit 100 items like last year.

Third, I have decided to do more reviewing as I go this year, and maybe a little less testing.  Things I liked, things I'd change, etc... and it'll start when I start my big ole' list.

Oliver + S Sleepover Pajamas 
Last, this is the most exciting part of this whole post I think...  I want to make sure that I reward my Welcome to Sewing Land participants over the next couple months, so lets start with the first four participants... From Installment One we have Kristie, Theresa, Cat and Ashley.  Sorry this has taken SO LONG ladies... but please check your emails for your $15 gift certificates to Whimsical Fabric!   

And if you want to get the most out of your gift certificate, if you join Whimsical Fabric & Me on Facebook, the owner posts sale codes and contests!  They sell patterns by some of the best designers, as well as fabric and notions... so its like a one stop sewist shopping heaven! 
Sleepy Kiwis Nightwear

Anyways, thanks for sticking with me through the year, and I hope this year will be even more fun and interesting for everyone and my little blog!

Filles a Maman Extraordinary Girl top and The Plucky Butterfly Beach to School bottoms






No comments:

Post a Comment