Thursday, January 2, 2014

Miley and Stashes... (random right?)

Happy New Year!  Both littles actually made it up till midnight, and though I was very excited to see the Times Square show and ball drop, Inara was just mostly confused.  Her primary Concern was that Miley Cyrus was not in a "bathing suit" as usual.  Which kind of cracks me up, because she was very upset that she had pants and a coat on, and I realized that she really did think that all her weird half-naked outfits were just fun bathing suits.    Say what you will about Miley, but she sure soothes and calms an overly tired toddler (oh my gosh -- :( he really isn't a baby anymore)

After the Miley Cyrus concern, Inara's next point of concern was WHY they were dropping a ball in New York City, and what that had to do with it being a new year, and what impact that actually had on her.  Obviously I had no good answers to this barrage of questions, but I'm finding lately that I rarely do have answers that satisfy her.  Today, I completely ruined coloring time... MOM YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!!!  What I did was color Ariel's necklace pink, and that was wrong of me, BECAUSE the only thing I was supposed to be doing was coloring the background of the picture blue....

Anyways.... so new year, new projects.  I'm really excited to start working on orders again, in fact... here's the fabric for my first dress order of the new year...

BUT I'm also super excited about this group one of my Facebook friend's invited me to.  It's called Creating 100 items or more and the concept is as follows... from the point that you start... (for me that was yesterday), you are not allowed to buy new fabric/or whatever craft medium you work in (unless for custom orders) until you complete 100 items.  This does not include finishing items (buttons, zippers, etc) AND finishing of UFOs is encouraged.  Daunting right?  Maybe one little stash shot will show you why I really need to do this...
The really messy shelf is Inara's stash lol


So I'm  really excited, and I'd love for any of you who have a stash to work through would come join too and post your progress!  The group of women so far is diverse in what they sew and tons of fun to hang out with... there are also random tutorials posted by various members as we find cool things to use up scraps and other things for. 

So I will keep you all posted on my progress too... AND to get things started... here are my first 4 items!
#1 Monsterbunz basics (Opulent Monsters)
#2 PJs Mini Snug as a Bug PJs (Ellie Inspired)






#4 Infinity Scarf Order




I'm way behind some of these wonderful women, but I'll keep going, and I am determined to see this through!  Wish me luck!  And Happy New Year to you all!

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Thank you (I think???) For introducing me to this challenge! :) I plan on blogging about it too.... Hoping it will help with accountability! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesomeness. And to think you wanted to quit. So did I yesterday when I automatically went to order some way cool mermaid fabric just to realize before I hit the purchase button that I wasn't to be buying. And since I drug my friends Alyssa into it I couldn't even cheat and get her to for me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesomeness. And to think you wanted to quit. So did I yesterday when I automatically went to order some way cool mermaid fabric just to realize before I hit the purchase button that I wasn't to be buying. And since I drug my friends Alyssa into it I couldn't even cheat and get her to for me! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you will be able to see this through. You really do complete a lot of projects! Good luck with making a dent in your stash!

    ReplyDelete